Comet Gold Project
Located approximately 115 km south-southwest of Meekatharra and 20 km southeast of Cue, the Comet Project comprises 5 exploration licenses covering 220Km2.
The Comet Mine Road provides access to the central and southern parts of the licence from the great Northern Highway.
Figure 1: Comet Project tenure and location
The Cue project lies immediately to the north and along strike of the Comet gold mine and covers part of the Meekatharra to Mount Magnet Greenstone belt, located at the southern end of the Tuckabianna Shear Zone.
Gold intersections confirm robust geological model extending gold zone down dip and along strike. Significant results include:
- 20CORC019 6m @ 2.29 g/t gold from 44m, including 1m @ 4.54 g/t from 45m, and 1m @ 3.46 g/t from 47m
- 20CORC024 6m @ 1.45 g/t gold from 50m
- 20CORC021 1m @ 4.74 g/t gold from 62m
- 20CORC022 3m @ 3.10 g/t gold from 13m, including 1m @ 6.35 g/t from 13m
- 20CORC024 1m @ 4.96 g/t gold from 50m
Latest results complement highly significant recent and historical drill results at Comet East (1)(2), including:
- 20CORC002 9m @ 3.89 g/t gold from 34m
- 20CORC003 6m @ 1.11 g/t gold from 30m
- PRB305 4m at 7.08 g/t gold from 27m
- PRC269 3m at 4.53 g/t gold from 60m
Figure 2. Comet Gold Project Location (over magnetics)
1 ASX Announcement dated 14 July 2020, “Comet Gold Project Supplementary Information - Exploration review commenced of Comet Gold Project, WA”. 2 ASX Announcement dated 2 November 2020, “Significant Gold Intersected at Comet Project”. The Company confirms there has been no material change to the results reported in earlier announcements.